more scripts

English main discussion
  • Author

more scripts

Post by m.ibng »

AkelPad ships by default with some scripts. Why not add 2, 3, or more scripts? These files (or some of them) are just small and may not affect much the installer size of AkelPad. If the issue is what to add, then the members of the forum may vote. The one, two or maybe three or more with the most vote will be added. Or add only those scripts giving features that are found in other editors and currently not in the default installer.
For example, the insertion of text or auto incremental number to columns. Some well known editors have this feature and I think I saw a script that do these (and I'm planning to download it). Not all users have permanent internet connection or can stay connected for long time (and maybe the internet connection is slow) to browse the scripts section of the forum.
I also suggest that scripts be categorized and put together in a single sticky thread so the users will immediately have a general idea on what the script does and don't have to browse (and use google translate if can only understand english) the whole existing scripts thread with discussions to find what he's looking for. For example, scripts belonging to column editing will be listed below it, same goes for line manipulation, keyboard layout, search/replace, calculations/number conversions categories.
Of course, these suggestions work only if the scripts in this forum are free for anyone to use/download. If the authors of those scripts won't allow use/download then these suggestions are nothing.