Bug reports

English main discussion
  • Author
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

maki
1. Seems that you edit binary file. Space that you mention is NULL symbol (you can check it with HexSel plugin or with %ch variable of manual parameter StatusUserFormat). To replace it use regexp "\x00" or esc-sequence "\[0000]".
2. See first point. Other applications will read text only to first NULL, but you can copy/paste text with NULL symbols between AkelEdit controls.

Post by maki »

To delete empty lines, you should use "Replace" dialog with "Regular expressions" parameter and "What" eg:
Code:
^[ \t]*$\n*
ALL OTHER editor does not require the use of stupid regex remove a line, space, etc. ..
This is awful stupid.
Sorry for the criticism but I had to say it.

Bug Report

Post by Noomen »

Dear developer,

First I would like to thank you for this amazingly practical piece of software that you wrote. Impressively fast and lightweight. Thank you.

Now I would like to report on a bug, I think, that exists in Akelpad. When I want to save a file, I always have to put the extension, which is most of the time just a simple txt, by hand. I know that there is an option that does it automatically, but that option doesn't work. Even if you check the box, default extension txt, the default extension that comes up when you try to save is always blank. I am not sure whether it is me or it is really a bug.

Would be grateful if you could take a look at this.

Thanking you in advance.

Best regards,

Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Noomen
Not reproduced. What OS? Default extension is "txt" (Options -> Settings... -> Advanced -> default saving extension)? In save dialog try to change files type listbox to "Text files (*.txt)".