AkelPad Forum Index AkelPad
Support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Macros plugin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Surveyor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:12 pm    Post subject: Suggestion to increase speed Reply with quote

Instructor,

I use the Macros plugin often and find it VERY useful! My most recent use was some re-work of HTML pages - large tables. I had the data in ASCII format, and used the Macros plugin to format the raw text into tables (i.e. add <tr> tags, make columns: <td>blah, blah, blah</td>. It worked well, but was very slow (12,000+ lines to process, in batches of 2000 or so). By the way, Frontpage (my HTML editor) does have a "convert text to table" feature, but it was flawed; odd character combinations (e.g. "#<>") did not convert properly, and with so many cells, I could not check every one. The conversion had to be right the first time.

In the past - using Turbo Pascal (I am not an accomplished Windows programmer!), I found that by disabling screen output until the task was finished - rather than updating screen with each loop - speed was VERY much faster! I wonder if the same could be done with the Macros plugin. That is, disable refresh until last loop is done, then refresh screen, etc. The Macros dialog could have a checkbox ("Disable refresh") - when the macro completed, the checkbox should be cleared again (i.e. do refresh) for next execution, to avoid any possible confusion.

Would this work? If so, I would be interested in seeing some speed tests. My HTML macros (±1000 loops at a time) took several minutes to complete (my computer is old and tired!). I confess that I did my project with a slightly older version of Macros (5.1), but I imagine the speed would be the same with the newest one.
Instructor
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surveyor
With version 6.1 you can use MacroSpeed.js

Checkbox in GUI will be quiet dangerous.

Last edited by Instructor on Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:23 pm; edited 4 times in total
Instructor
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Добавлено: флаг MS_INITIALIZING во внешний вызов с кодом 4.

Added: flag MS_INITIALIZING in external call with code 4.

Macros plugin v6.1
Instructor
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Исправлено: синхронизация с работой скриптов.

Fixed: synchronization with scripts work.

Macros plugin v6.3
bugmenot

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Горячие клавиши макросов не работают, когда открыто окно "Macros плагин". Если сложно зафиксить, хорошо бы об этом хотя бы где-то написать, а то сегодня долго не удавалось понять, что же я делаю не так, что они не работают. Спасибо.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AkelPad Forum Index -> Plugins All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: