Insert clipboard

English main discussion
  • Author

Insert clipboard

Post by Akuro »

I know how to insert selected text with the \s switch, but is there something similar for inserting the clipboard content, such as \cp or any other way to get the current clipboard text inserted?

KDJ

Post by KDJ »

Akuro
Read about AkelPad Scripts methods in ...\AkelPad\AkelFiles\Docs\Scripts-Eng.txt:
AkelPad.GetClipboardText()
AkelPad.ReplaceSel()

Post by Akuro »

Thank you KDJ,
after reading about those 2 methods, I am still in the dark how to pull this off. Maybe it's best to nail it down step by step:

1) There is nothing similar to

Code: Select all

[b]\s[/b]

that would allow me to simply exchange the \s - part for say, \clipboard or something like that? Is this correct?

2) The clipboard text is read into a variable that I must declare up front, then call the method to fill it with the clipboard content. Still correct?

3) How do I get this variable into the parentheses of AkelPad.ReplaceSel()?

4) And how do I squeeze all of the above into my toolbar entry?

Would you please point me to other rescources that deal with 3) and 4) in particular. I could not find help material that would close that gap.
Thank you.

KDJ

Post by KDJ »

Akuro
We can use the standard script EvalCmd.js for evaluate this expression (JScript):

AkelPad.ReplaceSel("[b]" + AkelPad.GetClipboardText() + "[/b]");
Command for Hotkeys plugin:

Call("Scripts::Main", 1, "EvalCmd.js", `AkelPad.ReplaceSel("[b]" + AkelPad.GetClipboardText() + "[/b]");`)
Command for Toolbar plugin:

"Insert from clipboard" Call("Scripts::Main", 1, "EvalCmd.js", `AkelPad.ReplaceSel("[b]" + AkelPad.GetClipboardText() + "[/b]");`) Icon(9)
--------
Added:
Also you can save this expression in the file named eg. InsertFromClipboard.js (in directory ...\AkelPad\AkelFiles\Plugs\Scripts\) and use command:

Call("Scripts::Main", 1, "InsertFromClipboard.js")

Post by Akuro »

GREAT. This works exactly the way I had hoped for. 8)
Was able to modify it to meet my needs. Could have never pulled this off on my own. Really appreciating your help. Many thanks. :D

Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Akuro
Insert.js

Post by Akuro »

Wow, that's even better. :o
Surpasses my expectations and opens up additional luxuries I didn't imagine possible.
THANK YOU.