AkelPad Forum Index AkelPad
Support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

It is much faster and lightweighter than Akelpad.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
akyahoo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:25 am    Post subject: It is much faster and lightweighter than Akelpad. Reply with quote

http://nm2.onlinedown.net/down/NoteXPad_1452_EN.exe

This software uses MASM32 as the programing language, and it is super lightweight and fast. It has many similar features as Akelpad. Besides, it has some advanced features, which Akelpad does not include.

In fact, the author is a Chinese programer and stopped develop it in 2004. It is a pity.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Instructor
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

akyahoo
Smile see AkelPad Classic. Do you think program witten on ASM will be faster than the same program written on C?

BTW: it uses RichEdit and its executable packed.
cnnnc

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: It is much faster and lightweighter than Akelpad. Reply with quote

I have tested NoteXpad long ago. And I give it up before I begin use some other Editors and Akelpad. And now I keep Akelpad for my everyday use.

NoteXpad could not open Unicode_BE, and could open Unicode_LE and UTF-8 without BOM correctly.
And many other outdate designs……Test a large text file 3Mb+, Find and Replace something in NoteXpad, it go "dead"!!!

My God, Forgive and forget it right now!
harfman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
see AkelPad Classic. Do you think program witten on ASM will be faster than the same program written on C?

maybe some optimization can be written in ASM but it's usless for text editor program
tryforsure

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks akyahoo,

but I think I will stay with the far superior editor that is akelpad;)
ravenlaughs

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And so will I. AkelPad has worked out better for me than any other text editor I've ever tried for everyday use. It gives me options that I NEED! And it's quite fast enough, thankee.

ETA: In fast, NoteXPad is a little pain in the parts. About all I like about it is that it installed without any fuss. It's a pesky single window, nothing but glaring white background (my eyesight demands something else), and it keeps rousing the ire of my firewall! Well, it has not messed with my context menu, that's a point.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AkelPad Forum Index -> Discussion (English) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: