AkelPad Forum Index AkelPad
Support forum
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

opening speed is very slow

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AkelPad Forum Index -> Discussion (English)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
yyq3663



Joined: 16 Apr 2009
Posts: 22

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And when I open a TXT file with 1800000 lines ,the opening speed is very slow .
When I open the same file with cnbook(http://www.fmddlmyy.cn/download/cnbook.zip ),the opening speed is very fast .
Pls speed up when opening large files .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FeyFre



Joined: 07 Aug 2007
Posts: 2041
Location: Vinnitsa, Ukraine

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1800000 lines? In bytes please.
Try to turn off decoration plugins, such as SpecialChar, Highlight.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
yyq3663



Joined: 16 Apr 2009
Posts: 22

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FeyFre wrote:
1800000 lines? In bytes please.
Try to turn off decoration plugins, such as SpecialChar, Highlight.


24MB.
I don't turn on the decoration plugins.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Instructor
Site Admin


Joined: 06 Jul 2006
Posts: 5371

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yyq3663 wrote:
And when I open a TXT file with 1800000 lines ,the opening speed is very slow .
When I open the same file with cnbook(http://www.fmddlmyy.cn/download/cnbook.zip ),the opening speed is very fast .
Pls speed up when opening large files .
How much time is passed before open in AkelPad and in cnbook? Send this file on my email.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
yyq3663



Joined: 16 Apr 2009
Posts: 22

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instructor wrote:
yyq3663 wrote:
And when I open a TXT file with 1800000 lines ,the opening speed is very slow .
When I open the same file with cnbook(http://www.fmddlmyy.cn/download/cnbook.zip ),the opening speed is very fast .
Pls speed up when opening large files .
How much time is passed before open in AkelPad and in cnbook? Send this file on my email.


http://cachefile30.rayfile.com/zh-cn/download/23885883f5616f058fb58379c5586c0a/%E9%83%91%E6%96%87%E5%AE%87%E7%8B%82%E5%8F%A5%E8%A1%A5%E5%85%85%E7%89%88.rar
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Instructor
Site Admin


Joined: 06 Jul 2006
Posts: 5371

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chinese files open little bit slowly because AkelEdit calculate every character width. In Chinese wide range of characters, so some time is taken for processing.

Test results:
File "10郑文宇狂句.txt" - 42Mb

AkelPad - 6 sek
cnbook - 3 sek

It is critical difference? Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AkelPad Forum Index -> Discussion (English) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


SourceForge.net Logo Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group