PHP Syntax Highlight - How to?

English main discussion
  • Author

PHP Syntax Highlight - How to?

Post by ajaxStardust »

Hi. I expected to find a lot of posts matching the keywords, but I scanned the first 2 full pages of 40 results each, and none of those results seem to touch on it. Sorry if this is a duplicate of a common inquiry.

My question is simple: How does one enable PHP Syntax highlighting in AkelPad? I know where the parameters are in the graphical interface, but turning it on doesn't seem to do anything. Please see attached screenshot.

I realize there is some highlighting (see attached), but it's only the opening PHP tag.

What do you suggest I try? I did discover the location of the files which configure the rules for the highlighting, but-- unless i'm certain i must-- I don't want to invest the time to learn the syntax.

Thank you!

Post by ewild »

Check your %AkelPad%\AkelFiles\Plugs\Coder\ directory if there are html.coder and php.coder files in there.
You can edit these files in AkelPad itself.
Check the "Files" section in the files:

Code: Select all

Files:
;==========
;File types
;==========
By default, you would find some relevant strings:
in html.coder

;php.coder
*.php
*.php3
in php.coder

;*.php
;*.php3
*.php_for_coder
Comment and uncomment the strings until you find the option that suits your needs.

Also, you can check what command stands behind the highlighted menu PHP entry in your AkelPad, and then check whether all the required components of the command are in place.

Re: PHP Syntax Highlight - How to?

Post by ajaxStardust »

Hi. Thank you for this reply. I didn't realize anyone had replied†
I actually figured out-- if i recall correctly-- it was merely a matter of clicking the "syntax highlight" button from the menu, as shown:

But it's better to understand the advanced details that you provided. I appreciate it!
:)

checked my notification settings, and i have all enabled. maybe it's Gmail filtering it.

Post by vic5 »

What have you done to show Plugin menu item? In mine, I only have: file, edit, view, options, window, help.

Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

vic5
Enable "Main menu" in ContextMenu plugin