AkelPad Forum Index AkelPad
Support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Scrolling speed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaFeTyPe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:55 pm    Post subject: Scrolling speed Reply with quote

Can someone please explain why Akelpad has to scroll so slowly?
I just did a comparison of Notepad and Akelpad. Same font, same font size.

When I moved across my touchpad with two fingers,
- Akelpad scrolled ca. 65% of a page (super slow!)
- MS Notepad scrolled ca. 210% of a page (perhaps a bit too fast).

This was on 13,3" 1440p @150% with Segoe UI 10pt for both Editors.

I will be doing 12,5" 1080p @100% in a week when I have access to a new computer.

Both programs, AkelPad and Notepad, have a scrolling speed that depends on the font size. The larger the size, the faster the scrolling.

Depending on font size, monitor, resolution, and personal preference, there CANNT be the ideal, ONE scrolling speed. So it seems clear that it is absolutely necessary that the user can configure a multiplier in settings. It is obvious that the current setting in AkelPad is not a given. Even notepad.exe has a different multiplied than AkelPad, obviously.

I am hoping for other AkelPad users to help me make a point for this feature suggestion. I really hope Instructor understands that there is really a need for this, IMHO. Smile

Sorry for being so persistent in this. But it is really a huge problem. I cannot use the program efficiently in its current state because of this Sad So, thank you for understanding.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AkelPad Forum Index -> Discussion (English) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: