Zoom

English main discussion
  • Author

Zoom

Post by Diamen »

I discovered that when I move the mouse wheel with the control button pressed zoom the page.
Do you can keep the size of the zoom obtained after exiting the editor at return in editor?

Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Post by SaFeTyPe »

Old thread, I know.

I wasn't able to find a command that would zoom the edit area. is this possible? E.g. setting the zoom level to 105% (which could also be displayed in status bar)?

Reason: I would like to set font size to 9 pt, however this will cause many more disruptions when displaying my legacy text files than 10pt. 10 pt however is too big.

1-percent-steps would be ideal.

It is also noteworthy that changing the zoom level in windows (8.1) from 150 to 125 causes the windows interface to get smaller, but the size of characters within AkelPad remains absolutely identical. if find this quite absurd given the fact that the intention of the user was to reduce zoom: Obviously he wants to reduce zoom everywhere, not just of the taskbar etc.

Post by SaFeTyPe »

Hello,

the problem is that fonts seem to have inherently varying proportions depending on the font size selected. This means that e.g. the relation of a space to the character "W", or of any other character to another character, often seems to NOT stay constant if the user changes the font size. This can be a huge problem. So if the user wants to increase the font for better readability, it can cause mild or major chaos in the file.

As I stated above, the solution would be a zoom-feature with ideally 1%-steps. I would like to ask if this could be implemented?

Post by SaFeTyPe »

However please note that zooming should then of course actually retain the exact appearance as described in my previous posting -- I am saying this because I just did a test with Notepad++, and the zoom feature there destroys the proportions of text. In Notepad++, zooming is just as bad as changing the font size.

Post by SaFeTyPe »

Another Problem:
Font("FaceName", 0, 10) should also feature a wrap limit/wrap marker parameter:

Font("FaceName", 0, 10, 190, 190)

This is because each font/font size requires somewhat different wrap limits for optimal results due to the problem I described in an earlier post (i.e., non-proportional changes in a font when font size is changed).