Favorites - folder as well as file

English main discussion
  • Author

Favorites - folder as well as file

Post by ravenlaughs »

While it is good to be able to open certain files often, it would be even better if I could have quick access to directories without having to open a specific file. NoteTab's favorites work that way, and I am spoiled from using it for many years :)

Is there a way to do this? I have searched the forums, but have no clue yet.

Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Post by ravenlaughs »

umm...I don't think that quite answers it. Maybe I didn't explain very well. I don't want to load a previous session -- I don't want to load a particular file at all. I want to go to a certain directory without having to browse for it. There are places with hundreds of files where I don't want to open the same one(s) every time. I need to go to the same directory, but open a different set of files.

I can put a file in the Favorites, open it and then open other files in the same folder, but it is not as direct and simple that way. There are other methods, and I use them, but I keep hoping to find something specific for AkelPad because it has its own set of tasks to do for me. I like to keep the menus short and simple too.

Eh, whatever. It's still my most used text editor at home and away. It was the second or third thing I put back when I had to wipe my drive and start over :)