Input method doesn't work correctly in 4.0x

English main discussion
  • Author

Post by infimum »

Instructor
AkelPad doesn't process WM_IME_REQUEST messages well.

Unfortunately, in order for me to specify what specific problems there are, a bit of knowledge of actual languages and language-specific keyboards are needed. So, I won't hold my breath. But I am wondering if this can be fixed by just looking at the source code. Thanks.

Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

infimum
The very basic implementation of WM_IME_REQUEST (don't tested).

Post by infimum »

Thanks for your try, but it doesn't work.

Let me briefly explain what the problem is. Please look at the very first post of this thread. You see 3 different "candidates" for the input (which is different from what appears in AkelPad, ie. "test" vs "sadsad," but let's assume they are the same). You press ENTER (or corresponding number keys) to finalize "transformation."

Now here is the trick. After finalization, there is a way to cancel it and display the candidates again. The way to do this is to select the part that you want to re-transform and hit a language specific key. This function doesn't work.

It's possible to remap this re-transformation to some non language specific key so that you can test it. But it's a bit complicated. So I end my post here for now and wait for your reply. (e.g. if you think it's possible to support this without knowing much about how IME functions.)

Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

infimum
Can you make demonstration screenshots in MS Notepad (if this working correctly in it)?

Post by infimum »

I found a site (a little slow) useful for my explanation. Please read only Tip 2. The author assumes that readers have some knowledge of Japanese, so please ignore words written in Japanese (or Chinese characters). Since the exmaple picture is a bit complicated and cut off on the right side, I created a simpler example below.

Copy and paste ロシア連邦 (the words for the "Russian Federation") to Notepad.

Select 連邦 (the "Federation" part)

Now refer to Tip 2 and right click the selection and choose reconversion.

I hope this still works in your environment so that you can test it for AkelPad. It ideally should work on a keyboard. (No one likes to use mouse when typing so no need to implement this in ContextMenu plugin.) But this is just to give you an idea of what the problem is.

Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

infimum
Test version

Post by infimum »

It works on my keyboard! Thanks.

Post by mansound »

I have used "xiaoxiao" Chinese input method,it have "Embedded"
mode,in 3.xx,it work fine, "wrap word" works correctly.
but in 4.xx,the bug happens,it can't "wrap word",the input panel
outside the windows.
4.xx, I sure i had choice "wrap word" and tried richeditclass=1.

Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

mansound
Where can I download "xiaoxiao"?

Post by mansound »

I have uploaded it.

http://dx2.qiannao.com/servlet/FileDown ... 3/yong.rar

use "Embedded" mode:

.\imm\install.bat
run .\yong.exe
open akelpad
Language bar→yong

thanks!

Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

mansound
And how can I choose "Embedded" mode? :) Program is on Chinese language.

Post by mansound »

"xiaoxiao" is a plug-type input method, just click yong.exe to run, but you want to use "Embedded" mode, it should be reg yong.dll files:
1. into imm directory, run install.bat, the language bar will be more of a "yong" options
2.run yong.exe
3.open akelpad
4.Language bar → yong
If successful, to akelpad input, akelpad floating on the input box will appear, then press the space bar before getting on the screen, rather than directly on the screen in akelpad.
Ps: I do not know Russian, and my English is poor, the above is a Google translation of the content, and wish you could understand it. :oops:
haha :lol:

Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

mansound
Still can't turn on "Embedded" mode. Maybe you can make a screenshots?

Post by mansound »

I'm sorry, give you trouble

I made ​​a video screen

http://justupit.com/files/0O3RFBTJ/Embedded.rar

Select from the language bar "yong" to start the input method, which is the most critical step

Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

mansound
Couldn't turn on "Embedded" mode, but never mind - I choose different IME and it has the same problem as you described. Currently I don't know how RichEdit sets wrap region for IME.