- Slovak translation

Discuss and announce AkelPad language modules
  • Author

Post by pvagner »

Updated to AkelPad 4.3.0 (Aug 23, 2009)

Links in the 1st post are still valid. Patch against revision 1.56 is not available.

Thanks instructor for the notification
Last edited by pvagner on Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Thanks, updated.

Post by pvagner »

Hello,
I am again playing a little with some AkelPad plugins I am using my-self. I am trying to hack slovak language strings into them.
My wish is to end up translating accompanying help document and creating a little page about AkelPad in slovak as well.
Having said all this I should also say that I am a lazy person and all this is just a work in progress. If you wish to check what exactly I am doing see here. Also if you would like to help or if you just have something to suggest let me know please.

Thanks to the Instructor and all the others who contributed to the AkelPad development.

Post by pvagner »

Updated to AkelPad 4.3.2 (Sep 21, 2009)

Links in the 1st post are still valid. patch against revision 1.63 is not available.
Last edited by pvagner on Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Updated, thanks.

Post by pvagner »

Updated to AkelPad 4.3.6 (Nov 21, 2009)

Links in the 1st post are still valid + a patch against revision 1.76 is not available.
Last edited by pvagner on Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Uploaded, thanks.

Post by pvagner »

Updated to AkelPad 4.4.1 (Feb 14, 2010)

Links in the 1st post are still valid + a patch against revision 1.82 is not available.
Last edited by pvagner on Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Updated.

Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Untranslated strings:

"Line:Column"
"Mouse dragging"
"Save all as..."
"Remember keyboard layout of each tab (MDI)"
"Insert date if file has .LOG at the beginning"
"default saving extention"
"Pseudo multi-window"
"Close"
"Close all"
"Close all but active"
"Only names"
"%d of %d"
"Go to..."
"Columnar paste"
"Find/Replace dialog"
"Check ""In selection"" if selection not empty"
"All files"
"Modified"
"Unmodified"
"Invert selection"
"""%s"" already exists. Overwrite it?"
"Documents limit reached. Use PMDI mode to open more documents."

Post by pvagner »

Updated to AkelPad 4.5.3

Links in the 1st post are all fixed.
I've no patches this time. The rc file is taken from the source archive from the download page.
I'll try to watch for new updates more frequently so I won't miss a lot of updates like I did during the 2010.

Thanks

Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

pvagner
Updated. AkelPad 4.5.4 is preparing for release - some new strings appeared. There is no RC file because sourceforge CVS is currently down, so you can write translation directly in forum post.

"Right click moves caret"
"Silently close unsaved empty tab (MDI)"
"Yes"
"No"
"Yes to all"
"No to all"

And from my previous post "Line:Column" in Slovak.rc located as "&Riadok:Column".

Post by pvagner »

Thanks, below are translations for the strings you have written.
Please note Slovak.rc file is coded in ansi codepage 1250 so you need to open it in AkelPad using this codepage and then copy & paste these strings into it if there is no better method.
Another thing: I was looking about adding an ability to autodetect encoding of slovak text files (I think it would also work for czech, polish, hungarian and possibly other central european languages). I looked into the following function inside edit.c:

Code: Select all

BOOL AutodetectMultibyte(DWORD dwLangID, unsigned char *pBuffer, UINT_PTR dwBytesToCheck, int *nCodePage)
I assume I have to fill some native characters into the szANSIwatermark, szOEMwatermark and possibly others.
Here the following codepages are frequently used:
1250 (native windows ansi codepage),
852 (latin II codepage which was used during the dos days),
28592 (ISO 8859-2 frequently used in *nix like enviromments before utf-8 has been widelly adopted)
437 (and old dos codepage even before 852 was invented)

For ansi codepages it's easy because I can just put those characters but what about utf8? I haven't understood that bit.
Here are characters typical for slovak language: "ľĺďôäňŕ". Here are other diacritic characters which are also used in different languages: "ščťžýáíéúř".
Can you help and also accept such a feature? Perhaps this can be put into the string table imported from the resource file so people can automagically get files written in their language recognized correctly by AkelPad.

Finally here are the translations:

"Right click moves caret"
"pravý klik presunie kurzor"

"Silently close unsaved empty tab (MDI)"
"Automaticky zatvoriť prázdne karty (MDI)"

"Yes"
"Áno"

"No"
"Nie"

"Yes to all"
"Áno všetkým"

"No to all"
"Nie všetkým"

"Line:Column"
"Riadok:Stĺpec"

Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

pvagner
Updated. Adding new languages for autodetection is routine work, which may have the opposite effect. Only
Central Europe group has Albanian, Croatian, Czech, Hungarian, Polish, Romanian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian. Each has it own alphabet. If you interest I use the following algorithm:
1. Open files with different encodings in "Hex Workshop" and call "Tools->Characters distribution".
2. Analyse non-latin (129-255) characters in % in files with different encodings.
3. Fill the szANSIwatermark, szOEMwatermark, szUTF8watermark containers.

Post by pvagner »

Okay so if I understant correctly utf-8 encoding can't be effectivelly detected in this case. What do you mean by saying it might have the opposite effect?
Do you think it's better not to implement this?
I think if we'll take special characters used in all those central european languages we may be able to detect the coding correctly.
Can you add it? I think it really only differs in the watermark containers otherwise it's just copy'n'paste. Or if you are not going to mess with it can you accept a patch?
Now I would just like to make sure it's right if it's ever going to be implemented.