Getting plugins to work on portable AkelPad

English main discussion
  • Author

Getting plugins to work on portable AkelPad

Post by foxcole »

What a remarkable set of plugins AkelPad has!!

I saw in one of the threads in this forum some instructions for getting the plugins to work on a standard installation of AkelPad, but I noticed that it specified to not change the path. The path to the portable Plugs folder is [drive letter]:\PortableApps\Akelpad\AkelFiles. Could this be a problem?

The version of AkelPad that I'm running is portable 3.3.1 on Windows XP. I unzipped the plugins into the Plugs folder, closed and reopened AkelPad, and went to the Plugins dialog but nothing shows up in the dialog. The Call button is also disabled and so of course is the Assign hotkey button (no surprise since nothing is there to select and assign).

Is there anything else I should try?

Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

DLL's should be in "[AkelPad directory]\AkelFiles\Plugs". Update to 3.3.8 - to make sure that all plugins will work.

BTW:
To make Akelpad portable:
Change "Options->Settings...->Advanced (1)->Save settings->INI file".
To totally exclude registry access:
Set "Options->Settings...->General->Recent files" to zero.
Set "Options->Settings...->General->Search history" to zero.

Post by foxcole »

Instructor wrote:DLL's should be in "[AkelPad directory]\AkelFiles\Plugs".
I'm sorry, but that is where I put them... the AkepPad\AkelFiles\Plugs folder contains various .txt files and another folder called Plugs, which contains the dlls, folders for HighLight, Scripts, and AutoComplete, along with Scripts-register.bat and Scripts-unregister.bat.
Instructor wrote:Update to 3.3.8 - to make sure that all plugins will work.
I've done that now, but am still not seeing anything in the Plug-ins dialog. :(

Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

foxcole
:) "[AkelPad directory]\AkelFiles\Plugs" not "[AkelPad directory]\AkelFiles\Plugs\Plugs"