AkelPad Forum Index AkelPad
Support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dealing with tons of files

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Idjo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Dealing with tons of files Reply with quote

Recently I work with tons of files and I noticed some difficulties with the program.

> There's a limit of tags, somewhere around 600.

> If you open tabs that can't be contained at the tabs bar there are two buttons to browse the tabs. The problem is that they aren't fast and comfortable enough.

I have some ideas to fix the second problem:

* Add an option to add a ruler beneath the tabs when they exceed the limit. Something like this: http://www.f2h.co.il/im.php?name=AkelPad.png&src=291026.
If the option is used, the buttons aren't needed.

* Add an option to click the tabs with the middle button and then scroll, just like browsers etc.
In this option, the buttons are still needed.

* Add an option to expand the tabs bar to two rows and more. This suggestion still isn't good if you're dealing with tons of files, but if you just exceeded the limit a little it can be usefull.

But after all, the program is excellent dealing with many files, and also very fast. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AkelPad Forum Index -> Discussion (English) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: