Second Copy 8.1 compatibility

English main discussion
  • Author

Second Copy 8.1 compatibility

Post by SaFeTyPe »

Hello,

I use Second Copy 8.1 to regularly copy backups of my text files. It does this every 5 minutes.

I have set the option "try to copy files that are in use by other applications" to YES in advanced options.

When I was using SMedit Editor (ACAP software), I never had a problem. Smedit auto-saved every minute and SC copied the file in use every 5 minutes. Never a problem

However in Akelpad, I get an error that it cannot open the file (that is currently shown). (Note that I use the internal akelpad autobackup feature also.)

Would it be possible to make Akelpad compatible? for example, it could re-try opening after x milliseconds and then again after x milliseconds, and only if it still does not work after the 3rd attempt, an error should be given.

Thank you for reading this!

Post by SaFeTyPe »

update: the problem also exists when the advanced option "copy when in use" is NOT activated. This means Akelpad is completely incompatible with Second Copy. I get the error message that Akelpad cannot open the current file (obviously Akelpad wants to say "I cannot save to the current file". I am not "opening" anything at that moment.)