How translate AkelPad Plugins & Scripts?

English main discussion
  • Author

How translate AkelPad Plugins & Scripts?

Post by c-sanchez »

I would like to translate some components AkelPad in Spanish, but I have no idea how it's done here exactly :P

I would like start with Sessions Plugin and FindReplaceFiles.js.

KDJ

Post by KDJ »

c-sanchez
1. Take the file FindReplaceFiles_1033.lng (or from KDJ.zip).
2. Translate the strings contained in quotes into Spanish.
3. Save file as FindReplaceFiles_1034.lng.
4. Send this file to me at pm or show it at the forum.

Post by c-sanchez »

Thanks KDJ :)
I try translate Sessions.dll with ResourceHacker and ResEdit, but I cant see any text :(

Post by FeyFre »

I try translate Sessions.dll with ResourceHacker and ResEdit, but I cant see any text
c-sanchez, it will not work that way. Translation via Resources is not suitable for our usecase(long story), so it done other way. Strings in resources(Dialogs) are empty, and initialized in runtime from string hardcoded in sources.

For sessions plugin you can find list of strings here at line ~5157. Copy down that part of code, translate strings and send translation to Instructor.

PS: I am not aware of translation politics for plugins(afaik author not rely on 3rd party translators(only own knowledge, Google Translate, etc) so for now done only minimal amount of strings. Your translation probably will be accepted, but you(or other (native)speakers) should take care to maintain it when needed.

Post by c-sanchez »

Oh i see, thanks FeyFre, I will try to translate it and send it to Instructor :D

Curiously all in AkelPad is well translated, at least so I think seems so far.
but it also seems that none of the plugins was translated :P

Post by FeyFre »

c-sanchez, most of us happy with English translation.
none of the plugins was translated
That is not entirely true. Some plugins translated. Including the way you can use Reshacker to translate(I mentioned in my previous post), but that way not useful(even for plugin authors).