regex won't replace

English main discussion
  • Author

Post by opk44 »

Hanging wrote:...Skif_off told me explicitly NOT to use Akelupdater. I simply followed his instructions.
That post told NOT use Akelupdater only IF you need to update to ver.4.8.2 (or other OLD VERSIONS) but not to latest/final/actual/current version.

Post by Hanging »

opk44 wrote:That post told NOT use Akelupdater only IF you need to update to ver.4.8.2 (or other OLD VERSIONS) but not to latest/final/actual/current version.
You are incorrect. what the post actually said was this: "You should update to 4.8.2 (minimum)". There was no mention of a "maximum", which directly implies that all later versions should be assumed within the instruction's parameters. That's basic semantic logic.

Post by opk44 »

Hanging wrote:That's basic semantic logic.
just because you can doesn't mean you should

Post by Skif_off »

Hanging wrote:That's basic semantic logic.
I saw three problems:
- "regex won't replace";
- old version AkelPad;
- "I am reluctant to update for fear of losing all the customizations".
To solve the first problem, you must update AkelPad. Considering the second and third: minimum acceptable solution without any problems - 4.8.2. I gave link to 4.8.2. Without AkelUpdater because it updates to the current version. It's whole logic.
I had to take into account the topic-starter's experience and knowledge and it's my fault, I am sorry.

P.S. Update to 4.9.3 without AkelUpdater, but with AkelPad-4.9.3-bin-eng.zip & PlugsPack.zip is also a working solution...

Post by Hanging »

Skif_off wrote: I am sorry.
No problem--it all worked out fine and now I have a fully up-to-date Akelpad. I'm happy!