Problem installing/activating Powershell lexer

English main discussion
  • Author

Problem installing/activating Powershell lexer

Post by nmsalinas »

August 17, 2014

To the AkelPad team,

First, thank you for AkelPad, which is a very fast and capable editor.
I have a problem/bug to report:

I use Win7Pro, fully patched.
I use AkelPad 4.8.9 (x64)

I downloaded a Powershell lexer from:
http://blog.sepa.spb.ru/2012/11/powersh ... elpad.html

I copied the ps1.coder file to:
c:\program files\akelpad\akelfiles\plugs\coders

When I loaded AkelPad it still could not recognize *.ps1 files and when I did a right_click and selected “Syntax Theme” I could not see the Powershell definition.

On the web I found a site that suggested deleting the “cache” file that is in the same folder as the *.coder files. I tried that. It did not help either.

I edited the coder file and saw this line:
ps1.coder=C032EB2B01CFBA69

I changed it to:
ps1.coder=C032EB2B01CFBA69:"*.ps1”

When I loaded AkelPad this is what happened: [1] AkelPad did not display *.ps1 files with syntax coloring, and, [2] the line I modified in the coder file reset back to what it was, effectively removing what I had added.

So, my question: what am I doing wrong? Or is this a bug in the software?
Thank you for reading my email.
Best Regards,
nmsalinas@yahoo.com

Post by Skif_off »

nmsalinas
Works fine. Try this: press Options/Plug-ins. Do you see "Coder::Settings"? Double click and replace "Fast cache" on "Without cache".

Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

nmsalinas
Your link to "ps1.coder" is from github.com that does not support UTF-16LE. In this codepage *.coder files must be. You can change codepage of "ps1.coder" manually or download "ps1.coder" from:
http://akelpad.sourceforge.net/files/plugs/Coder/

thank you

Post by nmsalinas »

Gratitude to both members :) I switched to "without cache" and downloaded the lexers from the above link, and all works well: powershell files are displaying with chroma-coding.

Minor issue remains: right_clicking and selecting "syntax theme" does not list the lexers I added. Strange, but not a major issue.

Thank you much for your help!
nmsalinas@yahoo.com

Post by FeyFre »

Minor issue remains: right_clicking and selecting "syntax theme" does not list the lexers I added. Strange, but not a major issue.
That menu is not automatic. Each iteam must be placed manually there. To do that you should call ContextMenu::Main plugin. In dialog window select ctaegory "ContextMenu::ShowMenu", in edit box find "SYNTAXTHEME" group, and add there item(s) you want.
"Power-Shell" Call("Coder::Settings", 1, "ps1")