License?

English main discussion
  • Author

License?

Post by bugmenot »

Hello,
I read on the FAQ that the program is licensed under "BSD". But I was unable to find it in the program source files, plugins, or during install.

Would someone mind linking me to the full license agreement? I want to be sure it is GPL-compatible (3-clause BSD) instead of 4-clause.

https://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-li ... odifiedBSD

Thank you.

Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

AkelHelp-Eng.htm wrote:License

This program is distributed under "BSD license" conditions. BSD license is open source license approved by OSI. It can be found on their site.

Post by m.ibng »

Does AkelPad's license (BSD licence) also apply to the scripts, plugins and icons that were made by AkelPad's author and other users? Some scripts are available in the forum and not necessarily made by AkelPad's author, are they also having same licence as AkelPad?

Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

m.ibng
I can only say for myself. My work in AkelPad is distributed under BSD license.

Post by m.ibng »

Instructor
How about the plugins that are included by default in akelpad installer?For example, QSearch. It isn't made by you but it is included in the installer. I didn't read anything that states that it is also under BSD license but the fact that it is included in the installer seems to imply so.

Post by bugmenot »

Instructor
Any chance you could put the text of the license in the code, e.g. in a License.txt file, so it would be more easily found and to be certain people don't think it's one of the other "BSD" licenses?