Multi-line tab

English main discussion
  • Author

Multi-line tab

Post by TheDutchJewel »

Sometimes I've so much files open in AkelPad that not all tabs are visible at once. I know that I can use the arrow buttons next to the tabs, but I would like to see all tabs at once above the files on multiple line if needed.

Maybe it's already possible, but I can't find the option to enable it.

If it's not available yet, is it then possible to add this multi-line tab option?

Post by Drugmix »

No, it's not possible at the moment.
+1 to that request.
And if someone's going to recode the tabs toolbar - please add "tab wheel scroll" when cursor is hovering empty space on tab-bar (not any tab) and another feature request: add a checkbox "scroll wraps around the ends of tab-bar", which would allow scroll beyond first/last tab on the tab-bar.

Multiple tabs

Post by Surveyor »

Right now, the closest thing might be the Window menu (More Windows... or Select Window...). All open files (i.e. tabs) are visible with a minimum of mouse activity (might need to page/scroll). Maybe that will do what you want.

Post by Drugmix »

Surveyor
that's not anyhow close to multiline tab-bar at all.

Re: Multiple tabs

Post by TheDutchJewel »

Surveyor wrote:Right now, the closest thing might be the Window menu (More Windows... or Select Window...). All open files (i.e. tabs) are visible with a minimum of mouse activity (might need to page/scroll). Maybe that will do what you want.
I know, but is too cumbersome. I appreciate it if you will add the multiline tab-bar.

mous wheel on tab-bar

Post by TheDutchJewel »

Is it else an option to make it possible to change tabs by using the mouse wheel? So that only if the mouse is on a tab, the mouse wheel scrolls through the different tabs?

Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

TheDutchJewel
Scroll::AutoFocus

Post by TheDutchJewel »

Instructor wrote:TheDutchJewel
Scroll::AutoFocus
I see. Thanks. :)