LineBoard plugin

Discuss and announce AkelPad plugins
  • Author

Post by FeyFre »

Прошу прощения, не увидел.
ЗЫ: но всеравно не помешало бы что-бы поле уменьшалось.

Post by MaD_CLuSTeR »

В связи с заменой ричЭдита на акелЭдит, повторю свою просьбу:
MaD_CLuSTeR wrote: плагин не умеет отличать, настоящая ли это новая строка или образовавшаяся из-за wordwrap'а
т.к. подозреваю, что исправить этот недостаток теперь проще.

Post by FeyFre »

Нашел вот такой вот баг(очень похож на viewtopic.php?p=3181#p3181 но я не уверен) или я недопонимаю принципа работы плагина:
AkelPad MDI режиме, LineBoard запущен(и установлен в автозагрузку).
Если создавать новый документ(посредством меню или CTRL+N) когда активен документ с одной строкой или пустой - в новом созданном не отображается LineBoard, если же был активен многострочный документ - отображается.
При обычном открытии (посредством "akelpad.exe") в созданом пустом документе отображается LineBoard(т.е. тут как бы первая часть описания бага не воспроизводится)
ЗЫ: чувствую что больше виновен сам редактор а не плаг.

Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Fixed: board didn't updated when new document was created (MDI).

LineBoard plugin v3.3

Post by Infocatcher »

LineBoard 3.3 + AkelPad 4.0.4
Не работает навигация по меткам / закладкам (Alt+Up, Alt+Down).
Смена сочетания клавиш не помогает, сброс настроек AkelPad'а (удалял .ini) с последующим подключением LineBoard (со сброшенными настройками) – тоже.
При этом в AkelPad 4.0.3 все работает. :?

Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Infocatcher
В разработываемой 4.0.5 уже исправлено.

Post by pvagner »

@instructor: have you seen my request regarding disabling board features and keeping just bookmarks? Or can these 2 be seperated? Or... have you got any idea please?
The problem is I don't want to view line numbers since line number is accessible from the status bar but I'd be happy to take advantage of bookmarks features.

Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Added: possibility to use only bookmarks without board.

LineBoard plugin v3.4

Post by djray »

Hi,

Love Akelpad.

Just one question about the LineBoard plugin.
If "Wrap words" is turned on and if you do not use a line return, shouldn't the line number not increment by 1?

eg. LineBoard currently shows this:

1 | djfkjdflkjdflkjdfkdjfljsdkfjlskjdflksdfds
2 | dfhsdkjhfkdjshfkjsdhfkjdshfkjsdhfkdsj
3 | jhdfkjshdkfjhdskjfhdskjfhdksjfhdksjfh

It should display like this:

1 | djfkjdflkjdflkjdfkdjfljsdkfjlskjdflksdfds
| dfhsdkjhfkdjshfkjsdhfkjdshfkjsdhfkdsj
| jhdfkjshdkfjhdskjfhdskjfhdksjfhdksjfh

What about printing?

Post by Surveyor »

djray,

Yes, I "sort of" agree with you, but the status bar also reports visible lines, rather than actual lines. Remember, if you print a page containing 1 line (but 1000 characters long), and you have word wrap on, you get multiple lines of print, just as displayed. Maybe it is better to report visible lines rather than actual. And if you wanted to split hairs, what if you haven't actully pressed Enter (ie. added a line ending) - do you even have 1 line (ha, ha)?

By the way, Windows Notepad "solves" the problem by eliminating the status bar when wordwrap is on!

- Surveyor

Post by djray »

hi surveyor,

I believe that it should be actual line count instead of visual because this is very important when coding in any computer language.

I think the best thing to do is to offer the user a choice between actual line count and visual line count.

What do you think?

Line numbering - wordwrap

Post by Surveyor »

djray,
I think the best thing to do is to offer the user a choice between actual line count and visual line count.
Yes, you are probably right - a choice would be nice. However, I know that Instructor receives MANY requests for individual features (as is seen in the forums) and cannot implement them all.

As a "temporary" workaround, of course, you can use the Toolbar plugin (which has a button already, as a default) to control wordwrap. The line numbering method you are talking about is correct if wordwrap is off (if I understand you well). The Wordwrap button can change the line numbering quickly back and forth; the caret position is preserved. The Ctrl+U hotkey does the same thing (toggle wordwrap).

As the Rolling Stones sing - "You can't always get what you want!"

BTW, I personally find when programming that wordwrap is a nuisance. Indenting is important for clarity when programming, and wordwrap tends to confuse that.

- Surveyor

about actual line count

Post by yisqiu »

djray wrote:hi surveyor,

I believe that it should be actual line count instead of visual because this is very important when coding in any computer language.

What do you think?
i also want the same function!

Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Changed: default Alt+Up and Alt+Down replaced with Alt+Num 8 and Alt+Num 2 to prevent column selection conflict.

Fixed: work with split window.

LineBoard plugin v3.6

Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Fixed: split window didn't updated when plugin was loaded.

LineBoard plugin v3.7