uninstall completely portable app

English main discussion
  • Author

uninstall completely portable app

Post by arts1983 »

I have a problem. I use akelpad portable. After I have installed a new version, when I start it from win7's toolbar the software works with old settings, while when I start it directly clicking on akelpad.exe the software works with new settings.
I tried deleting the entire folder, removing the link from win7's toolbar and cleaning the registry with ccleaner, but when I install the software again I have the same problem.

DV

Re: uninstall completely portable app

Post by DV »

As AkelHelp-Eng.htm says, "Settings are saved in AkelPad.ini or in registry (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Akelsoft\AkelPad), depending on options". Be sure to check both locations.
Also I'd recommend to install/unpack AkelPad into a folder which is under full control of current user - and NOT to Program Files where you may have restricted access.

Post by arts1983 »

Thank you so much! CCleaner didn't find that key!
For the rest, I put all my portable softwares in a personal folder.

Post by arts1983 »

I thought the problem was solve, but it's not. I started akelpad from win7's toolbar and I changed some options (like character, always on top, ecc.). Then I opened a txt file and akelpad runs with the original settings. It's normal?