"File:" becomes a hyperlink

English main discussion
  • Author

"File:" becomes a hyperlink

Post by Prisma »

If I type the word "File:" (without quotes) it becomes a hyperlink. Is this normal? :P

Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Prisma
Normal. Hyperlink prefixes you can change in "Settings...->Editor 2->HyperLinks->Prefixes".

Post by Prisma »

Ah, I see! I can use it to browse on my PC, e.g. file:C:\Users

Post by outskirter »

Prisma wrote:Ah, I see! I can use it to browse on my PC, e.g. file:C:\Users
I use that pretty frequently, but it will not work properly if a filename and/or folder name contains spaces, in which case the hyperlink is broken.

Wonder if a setting could be added in which the user specifies a character that AkelPad can substitute for a space. I also use Horst Schaeffer's MemPad, which has that option. When I write a hyperlink, I use the underscore character instead of a space.

For example: file://C:/Users/Myself/Documents/eBook_Collection/Tale_of_Two_Cities.txt

Even though the actual file and path names contain spaces, double-clicking the link will open the file.

BTW, Internet Explorer recognizes %20 for spaces in URLs, but that doesn't work in AkelPad.
Last edited by outskirter on Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:32 am, edited 4 times in total.

Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

outskirter
You can remove space from right delimiters "Settings...->Editor 2->HyperLinks->Delimiters"

Post by foliator »

Instructor wrote:outskirter
You can remove space from right delimiters "Settings...->Editor 2->HyperLinks->Delimiters"
Thanks, Instructor; that works just fine!

BTW, this is actually outskirter, with forum problems. I replied to you a few hours ago and made sure to post it, but somehow the reply did not show up in the forum. The other thing is that I had to log in through a different account, as the forum suddenly started rejecting my password yesterday. I requested a new password and the system indicated it had sent one, but the e-mail never arrived.