hotkey for text margins etc -- a "writer's script"

English main discussion
  • Author

Post by KDJ »

martz wrote:How would you implement this with AEM_SETRECT?
Try this spript: MarginsChange.js

Post by martz »

KDJ wrote:
martz wrote:How would you implement this with AEM_SETRECT?
Try this spript: MarginsChange.js
Excellent, thanks very much for all the help!

In full screen mode and with scrollbars turned off, AP now offers a perfect "text writing window". Due to all the other features and customizability it is now hands down better than any of the dedicated full screen writing environments I've tried. For:

* Custom syntax highlighting allows me to use Markdown with joy.
* Transparent mode is very good for short reading notes.
* Code folding seems excellent for outlining (though I haven't set this up properly for my Markdown syntax file yet).
* Autocomplete lets me use a kind of "tagging" for organizing notes and generating tag clouds with this great Perl script.
* The "Execute" command provides a one-key integration with Pandoc, MultiMarkdown, LaTeX etc. Really handy for formatting documents.
* Additionally, only some days ago I discovered the scripts for Translit.ru and Google Translate -- another feature right into bulls-eye, considering my needs. (From time to time I need to write in my cucumbersome Russian; won't try this here though :))
* I'm not gonna mention APs speed, footprint, portability and the amazing manual here.
* And now these scripts to create a full screen mode exactly to my liking. Perfect, perfect, perfect.

So, by all means, I admire the work you do with AP, guys. And I think every "dumbuser" really appreciates a community like the one here. (I thought I need to say this.)

For the last year, AP used to be just my beloved tool for jotting down notes. Now it's my "Swiss army knife" of all text-related work. Me aside, I think at least this guy will now be very glad too :)

Best,
M.

KDJ

Post by KDJ »

martz
Show, how it looks in the screenshot.

Post by martz »

KDJ wrote:martz
Show, how it looks in the screenshot.
A dark theme, my custom Markdown highlighting and the standard "lorem ipsum" text. Scrollbars are off, left and right margins 255px, top and bottom margins 40px. Very comfy, minimalist and nice.

Cheers,
M.