AkelPad Forum Index AkelPad
Support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Feature request

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mjh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:47 am    Post subject: Feature request Reply with quote

Ever since UltraEdit became bloat, I've missed this one feature it had that kept your unsaved documents safe even after crashes and such. Though, the usual usage of it for me was to have accumulated many many tabs of unsaved text files and then just killing the process to save them for when I would next open the editor Smile Presuming one is familiar with how it works in UltraEdit, would it be possible to have something similar in AkelPad? Or could it be done with a plugin?
Instructor
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjh
You can try SaveFile::AutoSave.
mjh

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Granted, that plug-in is close to the functionality I'm after, but it requires the files to be saved in the first place. The session plugin might be modified to do what I'm after I think. It's just that I regularly use a text editor, AkelPad in this case, as a scratchpad for all kinds of temporary snippets of text, and saving all of those would be kind of futile. But I still wouldn't want to lose them to an unexpected process death. Well, I could install mingw if I get the urge to do something about it and not just whine Cool I must say though, AkelPad has all one could need from a text editor. Cheers!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AkelPad Forum Index -> Discussion (English) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: