It is much faster and lightweighter than Akelpad.

English main discussion
  • Author

It is much faster and lightweighter than Akelpad.

Post by akyahoo »

http://nm2.onlinedown.net/down/NoteXPad_1452_EN.exe

This software uses MASM32 as the programing language, and it is super lightweight and fast. It has many similar features as Akelpad. Besides, it has some advanced features, which Akelpad does not include.

In fact, the author is a Chinese programer and stopped develop it in 2004. It is a pity.

:roll: :roll:

Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

akyahoo
:) see AkelPad Classic. Do you think program witten on ASM will be faster than the same program written on C?

BTW: it uses RichEdit and its executable packed.

Re: It is much faster and lightweighter than Akelpad.

Post by cnnnc »

I have tested NoteXpad long ago. And I give it up before I begin use some other Editors and Akelpad. And now I keep Akelpad for my everyday use.

NoteXpad could not open Unicode_BE, and could open Unicode_LE and UTF-8 without BOM correctly.
And many other outdate designs……Test a large text file 3Mb+, Find and Replace something in NoteXpad, it go "dead"!!!

My God, Forgive and forget it right now!

Post by harfman »

see AkelPad Classic. Do you think program witten on ASM will be faster than the same program written on C?
maybe some optimization can be written in ASM but it's usless for text editor program

Post by tryforsure »

thanks akyahoo,

but I think I will stay with the far superior editor that is akelpad;)

Post by ravenlaughs »

And so will I. AkelPad has worked out better for me than any other text editor I've ever tried for everyday use. It gives me options that I NEED! And it's quite fast enough, thankee.

ETA: In fast, NoteXPad is a little pain in the parts. About all I like about it is that it installed without any fuss. It's a pesky single window, nothing but glaring white background (my eyesight demands something else), and it keeps rousing the ire of my firewall! Well, it has not messed with my context menu, that's a point.

AkelPad Classic line spacing

Post by c-raid »

hi,

Firstly, sorry if i posted this here because i have some trouble creating new post in the forum..

i like the Akelpad Classic program because of the simplicity but when i try to use it the line spacing for the edited text was too tight. And when i try to search for the solution int this forum there was no available.

So i try to find my own solution and so far it works as expected. I would like to share here so anybody that have the same solution, but you have to rebuild the program yourself:

Code: Select all

{
      CHARFORMAT2 cf;
      PARAFORMAT2 pf;

ZeroMemory(&cf, sizeof(cf));
      cf.cbSize = sizeof(cf);      
      SendMessage(hWndEdit, EM_GETCHARFORMAT, SCF_DEFAULT, (LPARAM) &cf);

ZeroMemory(&pf, sizeof(pf));
      pf.cbSize = sizeof(pf);
      pf.dwMask = PFM_LINESPACING;
      pf.bLineSpacingRule = 4;
      pf.dyLineSpacing = cf.yHeight + cf.yHeight; // double linespacing
      SendMessage(hWndEdit, EM_SETPARAFORMAT, 0, (LPARAM) &pf);
   }
Insert the code above in the file akelpad.cpp line 242 and then rebuild. Its that simple.

It would be great if the devteam could add this functionality in the menu so it can be change at run time.

cheers
:)