Does AkelPad have the word count function?

English main discussion
  • Author

Does AkelPad have the word count function?

Post by akyahoo »

AkelPad can show the position of the cursor at the status bar.

However, can it count total words(not characters)?

:?: :?:

Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Post by cnnnc »

But stat plugin is so few function.

Please compare it with similar function from MicroSoft Office word 2003.
Because sometime I like to get:
1. Stat without spaces, return and newlinefeed (maybe and other like , . ? ! ' " ; : )
2. Chinese-Char only
3. Non-Chinese-Char

One tip: one Chinese Character is one word.

Follow for test:
昨天,Mozilla Firefox的主管Mike Beltzner宣布,Firefox 3.6 Beta 4 nightly Builds早就已经被提供给早期的测试者,完整测试版将会在随后的一段时间中正式发布。现在,Mozilla已经兑现诺言,成功发布Firefox 3.6 Beta 4,用户可以通过各大下载网站进行下载使用。

Good luck!

Post by cntext »

cnnnc wrote:But stat plugin is so few function.

Please compare it with similar function from MicroSoft Office word 2003.
Because sometime I like to get:
1. Stat without spaces, return and newlinefeed (maybe and other like , . ? ! ' " ; : )
2. Chinese-Char only
3. Non-Chinese-Char

One tip: one Chinese Character is one word.

Follow for test:
昨天,Mozilla Firefox的主管Mike Beltzner宣布,Firefox 3.6 Beta 4 nightly Builds早就已经被提供给早期的测试者,完整测试版将会在随后的一段时间中正式发布。现在,Mozilla已经兑现诺言,成功发布Firefox 3.6 Beta 4,用户可以通过各大下载网站进行下载使用。

Good luck!

I myself had been working as translator and am naturally keen on checking up the ratio between the Chinese character count and the English word count. An average result will be that 1,000 Chinese characters can be translated into about 600-700 English words, or 1,000 English words can be translated into about 1,500-1,700 Chinese characters, variying depending on the natures of the source contents and target writing styles.

In regard to the specific topic about the ratio between English word count and Chinese character count, there is a special article (read it here) dedicated for it with concrete evidences to support the conclusions.