Input method doesn't work correctly in 4.0x

English main discussion
  • Author
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

harfman
Test version
ps> how can i compile source code, i met "AkelEdit.rc is not a valid animated cursor/icon RIFF file" error message in vs2003
I currently doesn't have Visual Studio 2003 for test.

I compiled source code with:
Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003
Visual Studio 6.0
MinGW

For those who works with Visual Studio 7.0 (2003)/Visual Studio 8.0 (2005)/Visual Studio 9.0 (2008) linker input must be changed:
libc.lib -> libcmt.lib

Post by harfman »

it works well :D
thanks your hard works

Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

harfman
I made some optimizations, can you test the next built?

Post by harfman »

yes it works fine.
Last edited by harfman on Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

harfman wrote:korean notepad can launch small selecting window(cadidate window) not only when edit character(composition window) but also when one korean character is selected
Man you put me into difficult and interesting area :)
Test version.

Post by harfman »

version 4.15 has a bug

Line 2437: if (ImmEscapeW((HKL)ae->dwInputLanguage, hIMC, IME_ESC_HANJA_MODE, &ae->dwImeChar))

first parameter, Input locale identifier(ae->dwInputLanguage) is initialized as
ae->dwInputLanguage=LOWORD(GetKeyboardLayout(0));

but ImmEsacape requires raw dada, so it can be changed like

HKL hkl = GetKeyboardLayout(0);
if (ImmEscapeW(hkl, hIMC, IME_ESC_HANJA_MODE, &ae->dwImeChar))

and it works

thnaks

Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

harfman

Test version

Post by harfman »

yes test version works as same as notepad

Post by infimum »

Instructor,

I have a related issue (version 4.3.5). It's about how this "indirect" method input works in AkelPad. Below is a Japanese example (the word for "Russia").
If you are interested in how to type this (with the relevant support installed), this is how. Change the language to Japanese, change the input mode to "hiragana," then type "R" "O" "S" "I" "A" (without quotation marks) in succession. But I don't think it's necesary for you to reproduce this to understand my issue, so please bear with my explanation a little bit.

Next, by hitting Space once, the first image becomes the second image. This change is the reason I called it "indirect" above. To make the change stick, You need to hit Enter.

The above image shows I typed "R" "O" again after hitting Enter.

This is where my issue lies. The above image shows I typed "R" "O" again without hitting Enter. Can you see that the newly input character is overlapping the old ones? Many people use this key action because they know they can skip Enter. As soon as some alphanumeric keys are hit, the change on the previous characters should stick and the whole thing should proceed normal as shown in the third image. That's how Notepad.exe works.

I wish I could look at the source code and tell you how to do it like harfman did above, but I can't. Could you take a look at this for me?

Thanks.

Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

infimum
How can I choose "hiragana" input mode? Do you have some special key on Japanese keyboard?

Post by infimum »

Instructor
After you change the language to Japanese, a language bar should appear somewhere. It has icons that look like a brush, some kind of box, and others. If you click the icon that says "A", a few options appear. "Hiragana" should be there.
Last edited by infimum on Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

infimum
I turn on "hiragana" input mode and try to follow your screenshots, but when I type "RO" I get: Image

Post by infimum »

Instructor
It doesn't matter what you get. Hit Space from that image, then it changes to something else like my second picture above. Then hit Enter, the "underbar" (or "under-dots"?) disappears and the change is made.

Like I said above, I want to skip this Enter and just keep hitting some alphanumeric keys right after Space.

Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

infimum
See 4.3.6 release.

Post by infimum »

Instructor
Huge thanks!