[File] [Save a COPY as...] ?

English main discussion
  • Author

[File] [Save a COPY as...] ?

Post by CBruce »

If I am editing a file called "temp.txt", I can do a [File] [Save As...] "temp02.txt" for that edit buffer - but that leaves me editing the temp02.txt file instead of the temp.txt file. Then I have to close temp02.txt and reopen temp.txt to get back to editing the file that I was in originally.

Is there an option (that I've missed) or an add-on that enables a [Save a COPY as...] functionality? This would allow me to save a copy of my current file - but leave the original file as the one that I'm editing.

Re: [File] [Save a COPY as...] ?

Post by opk44 »

CBruce wrote:Is there an option (that I've missed) or an add-on that enables a [Save a COPY as...] functionality?
SaveFile plugin

Post by CBruce »

SaveFile plugin will let me autosave copies of files to .TMP files in the same directory as the edited file - or autosave a copy into a designated directory - but that is not what I am looking for.

Like [Save As...], I want to manually save a copy of the file that I am editing to a new name in any directory that I want. But I do not want AkelPad to replace the current buffer with the file that I just saved.

Post by opk44 »

CBruce wrote:I want to manually save a copy of the file ... to a new name in any directory that I want.
If so, I'd use any dual-pane file manager.

Post by VladSh »

CBruce
Try backupVersion.js.