Some akelpad chat group

English main discussion
  • Author

Some akelpad chat group

Post by c-sanchez »

Why not create some AkelPad chat group? like an IRC channel or Telegram group.

It would be great to ask/answer small doubts, perform any type of bug report, etc, talk about akelpad in general.

Post by FeyFre »

c-sanchez, elaborate.
# As much as I like IRC, if you can find proper hoster (free of charge and at least persistent channel history) + proper moderator + if suddenly Chrome and Firefox include IRC client out of box then IRC channel might work
# Telegram? What is it? Never heard of it.

More alternatives?

Post by c-sanchez »

FeyFre wrote:# As much as I like IRC, if you can find proper hoster (free of charge and at least persistent channel history) + proper moderator + if suddenly Chrome and Firefox include IRC client out of box then IRC channel might work
As far as I know freenode is actually the best or at least the most used irc hoster. Indeed i follow some channels hosted on at freenode, like ##freebasic, #haiku
FeyFre wrote:# Telegram? What is it? Never heard of it.
Heh, this is considerably used now, is considered as the open source "whatsapp alternative".
This have great features, like chat groups (and supergroups) up to 5000 members each, several options to admins, bots, modification/elimination from messages on server (ie You see the same as me), you don't need leave your number phone to be added as contact etc, you can use any nickname, have a bunch clients (Windows, Linux, Mac, Web Browser extensions, Android, iPhone, Windows Phone, etc), etc
by example, on Telegram i'm following Reactos

Telegram is an great modern option with nice features, IRC is an great classic option where we have the advantage of not need an account necessarily to join a group.

I'm not sure about more alternatives, imho IRC or Telegram are the best choices.

Post by FeyFre »

Heh, this is considerably used now, is considered as the open source "whatsapp alternative".
<sarcasm>"Whatsapp alternative"? Ok, what is "whatsapp" and why it already has alternative? </sarcasm>

<a lot of words removed, short version follows:>
<short versions removed, even shorter follows:>
Forget it. Forum is most useful solution for our community. In fact, it is best solution for most public project.
What functionality do you miss in forum? We can do everything enumerated here.

PS: Of course you can try create channel/groupchat, I cannot forbit it, but I do not see reasons why it suddenly become popular among users.