EditPadPro
EditPlus
EmEditor
Notepad
Notepad++
SynWrite
TextPad

Post by SaFeTyPe »

Haha, that was a good joke. Never ever will I abandon AkelPad <3 :-)

Scrolling speed

Post by SaFeTyPe »

Can someone please explain why Akelpad has to scroll so slowly?
I just did a comparison of Notepad and Akelpad. Same font, same font size.

When I moved across my touchpad with two fingers,
- Akelpad scrolled ca. 65% of a page (super slow!)
- MS Notepad scrolled ca. 210% of a page (perhaps a bit too fast).

This was on 13,3" 1440p @150% with Segoe UI 10pt for both Editors.

I will be doing 12,5" 1080p @100% in a week when I have access to a new computer.

Both programs, AkelPad and Notepad, have a scrolling speed that depends on the font size. The larger the size, the faster the scrolling.

Depending on font size, monitor, resolution, and personal preference, there CANNT be the ideal, ONE scrolling speed. So it seems clear that it is absolutely necessary that the user can configure a multiplier in settings. It is obvious that the current setting in AkelPad is not a given. Even notepad.exe has a different multiplied than AkelPad, obviously.

I am hoping for other AkelPad users to help me make a point for this feature suggestion. I really hope Instructor understands that there is really a need for this, IMHO. :-)

Sorry for being so persistent in this. But it is really a huge problem. I cannot use the program efficiently in its current state because of this :-( So, thank you for understanding.

Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

SaFeTyPe
I have no Synaptics touchpad at hand. Tested on Elan Smart-Pad: AkelPad scrolls faster than MS Notepad. So answer not changed:
Instructor wrote:Most likely your request to Synaptics touchpad driver ...
Added:
Try test version and set manual parameter "PaintOptions" new flag 128 - unit of vertical scrolling is line.

Post by SaFeTyPe »

Hello Instructor,

just today I received my new laptop (HP EliteBook Folio G1 with Alps Notebook; can even switch between MS Precision Standard mouse, and Alps/HP mouse). Here, there is NO problem if I select MS Precision. It's excellent with MS Precision, in AkelPad and Opera alike :-D (However, if I select the Alps driver, scrolling is much too fast (!) in Akelpad. But the Alps driver behaves badly in Opera, so I personally wouldn't use it anyway.)

I am sorry that I have blamed Akelpad for this. (But please note that scroling has worked fine on my NEC laptop in Opera Browser and SublemeText Notepad, and MS Notepad).

On my new HP, I can also pinch zoom to change font size (did not work on the NEC). Fortunately it does not start to zoom immediately when one touches with two fingers (otherwise I would be concerned that there might happen undeliberate changes in font size. But thanks to the delay this won't happen I think.)
###EDIT: No problem, this is the same as ctrl+mousewheel, so it can be disabled in settings!!

Thank you a lot for still adressing my complaint with the test version. I changed the registry setting to 128, but I did not understand what you mean by "unit of vertical scrolling is line"?

I hope every notebook will get an MS Precision Touchpad with Precision driver option, in the future. Really recommended!

Post by SaFeTyPe »

Off-Topic:
Well... FYI, forget about the Precision Touchpads. They have major issues. They lack sensitivity adjustment. Andi t takes a certain distance/time until movement is registered. Just google PTP and e.g. dell xps, or "delay"/"lag" etc. You will find lots of users who complain about the touchpad, and particularly about the fact that MS doesn't seem to care (for ages). It might be that they have adjusted it a bit in the mean time with the latest win 10 build (the driver is windows-integrated), but even the latest drivers etc. (I am using the latest software/bios/...) still exhibit the imprecise pointer behavior for small distance movement / the lag. Disappointing. Other than that, the touchpad was excellent.

"PaintOptions" new flag 128

Post by sexy96 »

Instructor wrote:SaFeTyPe
Added:
Try test version and set manual parameter "PaintOptions" new flag 128 - unit of vertical scrolling is line.

Gdzie jest: "PaintOptions", aby ustawić na 128?
Może będzie możliwość szybkiego przewijania rolką myszki.

KDJ

Post by KDJ »

sexy96
Parametr "PaintOptions" należy wpisać w pliku AkelPad.ini lub w rejestrze, w zależności od tego, gdzie zapisywane są ustawienia AkelPad'a.

Post by sexy96 »

Dzięki, ale nic się nie zmieniło w 32 i 64 bit.

KDJ

Post by KDJ »

sexy96
Ten parametr z wartością 128 będzie działał w wersji 4.9.8 - AkelPad.zip.
Wydaje mi się, że on odnosi się do przeciągania paska przewijania (scroll bar), a nie do kółka myszy.

Post by sexy96 »

Tą wersję AkelPad mam, ale to jest 32 bit.
Nie wiem dokładnie o co tam z przewijaniem idzie,
ale pasek przewijania nigdy nie sprawiał problemu.
Problem z rolką.