AkelPad 4.0.0 Final Released

English main discussion
  • Author
Site Admin

AkelPad 4.0.0 Final Released

Post by Instructor »

Changed: backward compatibility with RichEdit is improved.
Changed: optimized drawing of long lines.

Added: fast access to the text at file opening (updating edit window at loading minimally necessary number of lines).
Added: URL now clickable.
Added: text Drag'n'Drop between tab buttons (MDI).
Added: version information in EXE.
Added: Ctrl+Enter combination - new line with keeping left spaces.
Added: Tatar language module (Rustem Gimran).
Added: Slovak language module (pvagner).

Fixed: column Undo/Redo.
Fixed: text Drag'n'Drop between several AkelEdit windows.
Fixed: text Drag'n'Drop ignored AECO_READONLY flag.
Fixed: combinations didn't working in dialog: Ctrl+Insert, Shift+Insert, Shift+Delete.
Fixed: incorrect selection length shown in status bar after new line format change.

<<Download>>
Last edited by Instructor on Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Sam_Zen »

Thanks. Nice work
EDIT: well, almost.
After installing 4.0.0 I lost my toolbar.

Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Sam_Zen
Update your plugins.

Post by Sam_Zen »

Cool. That does the job.

Post by matera »

Ha, I did that once.

It's getting better all the time. :)

Post by pvagner »

Hello guys,
There is a thing I have been wondering for quite some time but there were other more important things for me so I have put this question aside.
One of the new exciting features is ability to do column selection. Is it somehow possible to select a particular column or a number of columns using keyboard or does column selection only work when text is selected by hovering the mouse?
How does this all work please?

Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

pvagner
Pressing Alt key you can select text column via mouse or keyboard. For example Shift+Alt+Right selects next symbol in column selection mode, Shift+Alt+Down selects next line, Shift+Alt+Control+Right selects next word...

Post by Sam_Zen »

2 Matera, are you also on the IVF ? If so, welcome aboard.

too much highlite

Post by Sam_Zen »

Running HighLite main plugin. Plus 4.0.0
Unfortunately it's so far a random behaviour, sometimes yes, sometimes no. So I can't reproduce it.
But I noticed that suddenly single strings like "link" in a plain text could get highlighted, with an underscore to become a link.

I enabled this plugin also for editing HTML files. This shows a second unpredictable behaviour :
Often, if I pasted some text somewhere, the screen was refreshed with the current cursor-position shifted at/as the top-line of the new screen.
Quite annoying as a survey, I must say.

Site Admin

Re: too much highlite

Post by Instructor »

Sam_Zen wrote:But I noticed that suddenly single strings like "link" in a plain text could get highlighted, with an underscore to become a link.
If you turn on URL detection (Options->Settings...->Advanced (2)->HyperLinks), then URLs are highlighted as you say.
Often, if I pasted some text somewhere, the screen was refreshed with the current cursor-position shifted at/as the top-line of the new screen.
I don't understand, can you produce some example.

Post by Sam_Zen »

If you turn on URL detection (Options->Settings...->Advanced (2)->HyperLinks), then URLs are highlighted as you say.
Of course I had enabled this. As mentioned, this happened in plain ascii-text, without any tags.
can you produce some example
Not on the spot, I'm afraid. Soon I will be editing a HTML-file, and if it happens again, I will report it.

Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Sam_Zen wrote:Of course I had enabled this. As mentioned, this happened in plain ascii-text, without any tags.
Right. URLs are detected in any text.

Post by matera »

Sam_Zen -- Yes, it's the same me :)

I am a rabid AkelPad fan.

Post by Sam_Zen »

Correct. I better make a distinction between using *.txt and *.html files in my descriptions.
I'm using 4.0.1 now, but behaviour is still sometimes odd, although not always reproducable.
After selecting some string in the middle of some page and pasting it into another file, when returning, the selected field suddenly was at the top of the shown page. So I think it has something to do with refreshing the files in different tabs of AP.
But I also think it's a bit off-topic, because it's not about highlite, but about a cursor-position.

Post by Sam_Zen »

Great. This confirms that we share common ideas about how an app should be.