High Ascii chars

English main discussion
  • Author

High Ascii chars

Post by Sam_Zen »

(Also valid when still using 3.5.6)
I seem to have lost the ability to type >128 ascii characters using Alt+0233 for example.
(I work on a simple laptop at the moment, W98, with no seperate numpad)
My codepage is set to 1252.
Is this a plugin-matter ?

Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

AkelPad 4.x don't support Unicode chars typing in Windows 95/98/Me (actually unsupported by non-Unicode OS's).

Post by Sam_Zen »

I'm sorry, but I don't see the connection to Unicode, when dealing with the standard 8-bit ascii-set.
But you're right, it's W98. The machine is a temporary net-tool, while preparing a XP one.
(After a serious hardware crash of my W2K set, where AkelPad did well)
So maybe I have to step back to an earlier version of AkelPad to let it function properly on the laptop.
If I do, would this mean, that I also have to install an earlier version of the plugin-package ?

Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Sam_Zen wrote:I'm sorry, but I don't see the connection to Unicode, when dealing with the standard 8-bit ascii-set.
Win9x is codepage depended. If char not from codepage range, OS don't generate correct WM_CHAR message.
So maybe I have to step back to an earlier version of AkelPad to let it function properly on the laptop. If I do, would this mean, that I also have to install an earlier version of the plugin-package ?
AkelPad 3.6.0 is the latest 3.x version that is compatible with 4.x beta.