Tango & Faenza Toolbar Icons for AkelPad

English main discussion
  • Author

Tango & Faenza Toolbar Icons for AkelPad

Post by Nighted »

Toolbar icons for both x86 & x64 versions of AkelPad.

ToolBar.dll icons (all icons are changed except for what looks like an AkelPad logo):

Faenza
Tango

Updated March 31, 2016 v.4.9.7: AkelPad Themes [4.9.7.2].rar

Enjoy!!! (òÓ,)_\,,/

CRC32: 4CFA3E8D
MD5: 60FDE5A0740D73D3F20B2B0AE780AC2A

AkelPad.exe icon changed
Clipboard.dll icon changed
SpellCheck.dll icon changed
QSearch.dll icon changed
Last edited by Nighted on Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:03 pm, edited 38 times in total.

Post by Fr0sT »

You can automate resources replacement like I did here.
"spelling errors fixed in dialog" - you should report these to plugin's topic

Post by Nighted »

Fr0sT wrote:"spelling errors fixed in dialog" - you should report these to plugin's topic
Good idea. I found it humorous that the spelling plugin has spelling errors. The word "misspelled" is incorrectly entered as "missspelled"! haha

I will check that other topic. Thanks.

Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Nighted
Where users can dowload your patched binaries?

DV

Post by DV »

Instructor wrote:Where users can dowload your patched binaries?
+1 to this question.

Also I have one "ToDo" proposition. AkelPad has the following commands:
4199 Move caret to previous location
4200 Move caret to next location
that could be extremely useful as toolbar buttons. (These two would allow to navigate through source code lines in the backward and forward directions). The "ToDo" would be to find the most appropriate icons for these commands.

Post by Fr0sT »

I believe the most optimal way would be to distribute the icon set itself for others to implant it in the binaries. Otherwise you'll have to renew your versions as soon as original versions update. Moreover, some people are suspicious to the binaries from an unknown source.

Post by Nighted »

I'll post them here now (at the top). Only 32 bit right now. I'll put the 64 bit binaries up later. For those willing to do it themselves the source icons are included and sorted for quick and easy (and paranoia free) modification. IconWorkshop is the fastest and most convenient way to add the icons to your binaries (that I know of).

I will create a patcher eventually but will have to use something other than NSIS and Resource Hacker.

I have found diablo2oo2's Universal Patcher which I think is just what I need to patch actual bytes instead of changing resources which can't be done effectively using ResHack because of AkelPad's resource structure.
Last edited by Nighted on Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by Nighted »

DV wrote:Also I have one "ToDo" proposition. AkelPad has the following commands:
4199 Move caret to previous location
4200 Move caret to next location
I'll look into it.

DV

Re: Tango & Faenza Toolbar Icons for AkelPad

Post by DV »

Nighted wrote:QSearch.dll icon changed and some cosmetic changes made to the search panel dialog
These cosmetic changes are not a good idea even for English language: just try to enable the usage of special characters or regular expressions in QSearch. Not saying about Russian and Ukrainian where the words will be truncated because of small size of the check-boxes.

Re: Tango & Faenza Toolbar Icons for AkelPad

Post by Nighted »

DV wrote:
Nighted wrote:QSearch.dll icon changed and some cosmetic changes made to the search panel dialog
These cosmetic changes are not a good idea even for English language: just try to enable the usage of special characters or regular expressions in QSearch. Not saying about Russian and Ukrainian where the words will be truncated because of small size of the check-boxes.
I'll update to the newest version today and I'll omit the dialog tweak from QSearch.dll.

Post by Nighted »

Updated to v. 4.8.4

:)

Post by Drugmix »

I like "Faenza Dark" icons except their blurry bottoms. Why did you blur their bottoms? "Undo" and "Redo" icons are causing pain to my eyes.
Could you, please, redraw the icons? Except for that blur - they are totally awesome (yeah, I like "glyph" themed icons).
Last edited by Drugmix on Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post by Nighted »

Drugmix wrote:I like "Faenza Dark" icons except their blurry bottoms. Why did you blur their bottoms? "Undo" and "Redo" icons are causing pain the eyes.
Could you redraw the icons? Except for that blur - they are totally awesome (yeah, I like "glyph" themed icons).
I think the toolbar creates that effect. Look at the source icons and tell me if they look the same.

Post by Drugmix »

Nighted
I don't think that toolbar affects it's buttons' icons anyhow: take a look at the default theme: nothing is blurred there.

Post by Nighted »

Drugmix wrote:Nighted
I don't think that toolbar affects it's buttons' icons anyhow: take a look at the default theme: nothing is blurred there.
Check the icons in the source folder. I did not modify them from the originals. AkelPad's toolbar.dll greys out the icons to show that a file has been modified.