AkelPad Forum Index AkelPad
Support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

uninstall completely portable app

View previous topic :: View next topic  
arts1983

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: uninstall completely portable app Reply with quote

I have a problem. I use akelpad portable. After I have installed a new version, when I start it from win7's toolbar the software works with old settings, while when I start it directly clicking on akelpad.exe the software works with new settings.
I tried deleting the entire folder, removing the link from win7's toolbar and cleaning the registry with ccleaner, but when I install the software again I have the same problem.
DV

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: uninstall completely portable app Reply with quote

As AkelHelp-Eng.htm says, "Settings are saved in AkelPad.ini or in registry (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Akelsoft\AkelPad), depending on options". Be sure to check both locations.
Also I'd recommend to install/unpack AkelPad into a folder which is under full control of current user - and NOT to Program Files where you may have restricted access.
arts1983

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much! CCleaner didn't find that key!
For the rest, I put all my portable softwares in a personal folder.
arts1983

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the problem was solve, but it's not. I started akelpad from win7's toolbar and I changed some options (like character, always on top, ecc.). Then I opened a txt file and akelpad runs with the original settings. It's normal?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AkelPad Forum Index -> Discussion (English) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: