hyperlinks

English main discussion
  • Author

hyperlinks

Post by guest »

- Using a single click for opening hyperlinks is a bit too sensitive for my taste. With that option enabled, it is impossible to select part of a link and copy it without launching the link in the browser. As soon as you release the mouse button the browser opens. Is it possible to only do that in case of a real click?

- Could you add an option for clickable email addresses, just like hyperlinks?

- Could you add "Copy link" to the right click menu of URLs and email addresses?

Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

ContextMenu plugin:

1. Call ContextMenu::Main.
2. Choose instead "ContextMenu:Show menu" - "URL menu".
3. Press "Enable".
4. Modify menu if necessary.
5. Press "OK".

Post by guest »

Thank you very much.

Corrrect me if I am wrong, but it is still not possible to select only a small part of a link without opening it and email addresses are not clickable either.

Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

...it is still not possible to select only a small part of a link without opening it...
Test version
...email addresses are not clickable either.
Mail address format is mailto://user@mail.com

Post by guest »

Partially selecting\copying now works perfectly. Brilliant.

Opening a new email message also works, but only with "//" added to the address in the email program.

BTW, is it absolutely necessary to add "mailto://"?
Can't email addresses simply be detected by the "@", for example?
I understand this might cause problems for the power users of your program, but I am just a simple guy. :)
Nine out of ten times an email address I want to save is simply copied\pasted. Having to add "mailto://" to that manually is awkward and, for my needs, this method is overkill.

Perhaps there could be a choice in the program: clickable email addresses for power users or for regular users.

Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

"mailto://" prefix required by RichEdit control and this isn't changeable.

Post by guest »

OK, no problem. Thank you updating the program so soon after my request. I am happy now. :)

But I would be more happy if you could fix the addition of "//" to the address when the email program opens it. :D

Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

But I would be more happy if you could fix the addition of "//" to the address when the email program opens it. :D
Ups, must be "mailto:user@mail.com".

Post by guest »

Thank you.

Post by pvagner »

Hello,
really a crazy idea but newertheless for keyboard only users like I am it will at least be nice to know if it can be done.
When using cursor keys to move caret within a document and the caret happens to be inside a link or an email is it possible to inwoke a specific context menu for links? It would be most efficient if pressing applications key would open link popup instead of edit popup in this scenario but I see this might be too complicated so either way is fine for me.