How to turn off/hide AkelPad menubar

English main discussion
  • Author

How to turn off/hide AkelPad menubar

Post by wickyd »

Hello,

I would like to use the toolbar only at the top of the AkelPad window.

Therefore, I would like to know how I can hide or switch off the menubar.

Thank you.

Kind regards
wickyd

Post by cnnnc »

Hi,
Use the contextmenu plugin, call the contextmenu::main, there is a checkbox "Hide" about hide the menu bar when choose the mainmenu item. Uncheck it, then you question gone.

Post by wickyd »

Hi cnnnc

Thank you, that is exactly what I was looking for. :D

For others to understand how to get to the option you mentioned, here are more detailed instructions:

If the AkelPad installer has been installed (Installer (multi-lingual) (830 Kb), then the contextmenu plugin is already installed. If not, simply download the PlugsPack or download the contextmenu plugin seperately.

Once the plugin is installed:
1. Click on Options -> Plug-ins in the menubar.
2. Tick the checkbox to the left of ContextMenu::Main, so that the plugin will run automatically each time AkelPad is opened.
3. Double-click on ContextMenu::Main, to view it's options.
4. Select Main Menu from the drop-down list at the top of the ContextMenu plugin window.
5. Tick the Hide checkbox at the top right of the window.
6. Click on Ok.

The menubar will now be hidden.

Post by outskirter »

cnnnc wrote:Hi,
Use the contextmenu plugin, call the contextmenu::main, there is a checkbox "Hide" about hide the menu bar when choose the mainmenu item. Uncheck it, then you question gone.
Thanks, cnnnc. I wanted to do that too, but thought it was impossible -- actually, nothing is. ;)

Now I have just the toolbar at the top, with one button for the main context menu, plus a button for each of my 6 submenus. The rest of the toolbar shows just the commands I use regularly, such as copy, paste, etc. On a 1024x600 display like mine, one needs as much vertical space for editing as possible. Fortunately, AkelPad has a fullscreen plugin, too. Great program!!