AkelPad Forum Index AkelPad
Support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to turn off/hide AkelPad menubar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wickyd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:37 am    Post subject: How to turn off/hide AkelPad menubar Reply with quote

Hello,

I would like to use the toolbar only at the top of the AkelPad window.

Therefore, I would like to know how I can hide or switch off the menubar.

Thank you.

Kind regards
wickyd
cnnnc

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Use the contextmenu plugin, call the contextmenu::main, there is a checkbox "Hide" about hide the menu bar when choose the mainmenu item. Uncheck it, then you question gone.
wickyd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi cnnnc

Thank you, that is exactly what I was looking for. Very Happy

For others to understand how to get to the option you mentioned, here are more detailed instructions:

If the AkelPad installer has been installed (Installer (multi-lingual) (830 Kb), then the contextmenu plugin is already installed. If not, simply download the PlugsPack or download the contextmenu plugin seperately.

Once the plugin is installed:
1. Click on Options -> Plug-ins in the menubar.
2. Tick the checkbox to the left of ContextMenu::Main, so that the plugin will run automatically each time AkelPad is opened.
3. Double-click on ContextMenu::Main, to view it's options.
4. Select Main Menu from the drop-down list at the top of the ContextMenu plugin window.
5. Tick the Hide checkbox at the top right of the window.
6. Click on Ok.

The menubar will now be hidden.
outskirter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cnnnc wrote:
Hi,
Use the contextmenu plugin, call the contextmenu::main, there is a checkbox "Hide" about hide the menu bar when choose the mainmenu item. Uncheck it, then you question gone.
Thanks, cnnnc. I wanted to do that too, but thought it was impossible -- actually, nothing is. Wink

Now I have just the toolbar at the top, with one button for the main context menu, plus a button for each of my 6 submenus. The rest of the toolbar shows just the commands I use regularly, such as copy, paste, etc. On a 1024x600 display like mine, one needs as much vertical space for editing as possible. Fortunately, AkelPad has a fullscreen plugin, too. Great program!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AkelPad Forum Index -> Discussion (English) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: