Reporting two issues I have with Akelpad

English main discussion
  • Author

Reporting two issues I have with Akelpad

Post by johnnybegood »

Hello, I am using Akelpad since quite a while now as my default text editor on Windows ME and I would like to report of couple of issues I am experiencing in the hope they can be solved/fixed. :)

1) I am using WinRoll (http://www.palma.com.au/winroll/) as a background task so I can shade windows by right clicking on their title bar and since an update of the plugins of Akelpad version 4.7, the toolbar and the edit window overlap when unshading the application, swallowing the tabs in the process and this occurs only in MDI mode which is my preferred.

2) I have recently decided to fully replace Notepad by Akelpad by finally using the installer and replace notepad.exe by the akelpad stub of the same name and I am experiencing a little problem in conjunction with the use of the FileNote shell extension (http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Fil ... Note.shtml) which I use a lot. When right-clicking on a file and selecting it, this shell extension creates a text file of the same name as the selected file and launches notepad to open it. When Akelpad is launched this way, it doesn't fully initialize, failing to create a window and I must kill it with a process manager.

No big issues as you can see but if you could do something about them that would be really great.

I am loving Akelpad btw, it's just such an amazing piece of software!

Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

johnnybegood
1. Already fixed.
2. Fixed.

Those fixes will be available in 4.7.1 release.

Post by johnnybegood »

Great, thanks, looking forward to it.

Cheers.

Post by johnnybegood »

Instructor wrote:johnnybegoodThose fixes will be available in 4.7.1 release.
All good now! 8)

Cheers.