AkelPad Forum Index AkelPad
Support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Append or edit macros

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wallywalters

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:18 am    Post subject: Append or edit macros Reply with quote

I have a couple of small macros I'd like to change slightly and am wondering if there's a simple way to modify them or if I have to rerecord.
Instructor
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easiest way to modify macro is to rerecord it. More about macro structure you can found in "Plugins Manual" Plugins\Macros\Macro structure.
Surveyor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:46 pm    Post subject: A macro editor - thoughts... Reply with quote

wallywalters wrote:
a simple way to modify them or if I have to rerecord

Ah, a man after my own taste. This very issue was on my mind, right from when I started documenting the plugins (BTW, plugins manual is badly out of date, but useful nonetheless). Instructor gave me some comments at that time, so I added a little about the macro format in the Plugins Manual.

Although I am not a very good programmer (maybe back in the DOS days!), I thought about a converter to translate the macros into a type of scripting language, and back again. That way, you could either modify a macro, or create a new one using a "script". There are several issues with this approach, however - the biggest being "crossed" keypresses.

For example, if you "memorize" (as part of a macro) a Copy operation (Ctrl+C), it should appear in a "script" something like (example only!):
Code:
[CTRL down] [C down] [C up] [CTRL up]

with the C down/up enclosed by the CTRL down/up, sort of like XML structure. However, if you ACTUALLY executed
Code:
[CTRL down] [C down] [CTRL up] [C up]

it would likely still work fine, but the scripting (converting to actual macro) would likely fail; it wouldn't be practical to try to detect every "crossed" case.

Another issue is automatic keyboard repeats - some might slip into the macro (by accident), but have no effect on the actual performance - these should be detect and dealt with.

In other words, it is not as simple as I first conceived. But it still might be do-able. Any programmers out there...?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AkelPad Forum Index -> Discussion (English) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: