Integrating Help into AkelPad ?

English main discussion
  • Author

Integrating Help into AkelPad ?

Post by newakuser »

Hi,

Is there an Integrating Help into AkelPad "Instructions for dummies" somewhere please ?

I have C:\AkelPad\AkelFiles\Help with the Pman.ico and Uman.ico in. Using Win XP SP3.

When I try and run "User Manual" Exec("HH.exe %a\Help\AkelPad4-Eng.chm") Icon("%a\Help\Uman.ico")

from my run command (start menu) I get an error saying that "Windows cannot find "User Manual..." etc.

I DO have HH.exe in my C:\windows folder.

Can someone give me a "step by step" for this in XP please ? TIA.

Regards, John.

Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

"User Manual" Exec("HH.exe %a\AkelFiles\Help\AkelPad4-Eng.chm") Icon("%a\Help\Uman.ico")

Post by newakuser »

Instructor wrote:"User Manual" Exec("HH.exe %a\AkelFiles\Help\AkelPad4-Eng.chm") Icon("%a\Help\Uman.ico")

Thank you for your help. Unfortunately it didn't work though. When I go to the start menu "run" command I get...

"Windows cannot find 'User Manual'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search."

Here is what I get via cmd.exe.....

C:\windows>"User Manual" Exec("HH.exe %a\AkelFiles\Help\AkelPad4-Eng.chm") Icon(
"%a\Help\Uman.ico")
'"User Manual"' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Can someone suggest what may be going wrong here please ?

Regards, John.

Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

newakuser
Use this string in ContextMenu or Toolbar plugins or read Plugins Manual :)

Post by newakuser »

Instructor wrote:newakuser
No idea what you mean by "Use this string in ContextMenu". The only item in my context menu that looks like it might be of use is the "scripts" option. Rather a pointless item though. I have no idea if that is the one you mean or how to use it.

I don't have a toolbar for plugins. Only a menu item "Plugins". Besides, I have no idea how one would run a string from a toolbar.

My original question was from information in the Plugins Manual. So that was of no use to me.

All I wanted was a "step by step" to do what I thought was a pretty minor task. It is a pity nobody here cares to tell me the steps required. Rather disappointing. :-(

I guess Akelpad is only meant for programmers, so I won't waste any more of your time with more questions. I will instead find a text editor that is made for ordinary windows users.

Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

More patience and you find detail description of ContextMenu and Toolbar in Plugins Manual - how to load, how to customize.

Post by HonestQiao »

mk:@MSITStore:F:\usr\local\php53\docs\chm\php_manual_zh.chm::/res/function.%w.html

Post by johnnybegood »

newakuser wrote:
Instructor wrote:newakuser
No idea what you mean by "Use this string in ContextMenu".
Go to the Options Menu and click on Plugins. In the dialog that pops you select ContextMenu::Main and then click on the Call button. In the dialog that pops you choose Main Menu in the drop down list. Now paste your string at an appropriate place in the edit field. If you've followed the instructions correctly the help manual is now integrated in your menu. :wink:
All I wanted was a "step by step" to do what I thought was a pretty minor task. It is a pity nobody here cares to tell me the steps required. Rather disappointing.

:roll:
I guess Akelpad is only meant for programmers, so I won't waste any more of your time with more questions. I will instead find a text editor that is made for ordinary windows users.
:roll: