AkelPad Forum Index AkelPad
Support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why it's different

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cgogude

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:46 pm    Post subject: Why it's different Reply with quote

Hi,
Iíve just joined this community and I wanted to know from some of the older members and people who are quite familiar with this editor, what is different and special about it. What is has or offers that perhaps other editors donít.
Thanks
ravenlaughs

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, the main attractions are:

1. Fast, light, portable

2. Usability -- I have poor vision, and AkelPad gives me the font and color options I need. Also it lets me change font and font size quickly.

3. Multi-document interface. Quite a few other text editors have this, but I like the way A. does it.

4. Fast search and replace -- I use it every day.

5. The little things -- favorites, some of the plug-ins, handy key commands

Simplicity plus lots of features that don't get in the way but are there when I need them -- it all adds up. I've used a lot of text editors. I still use a few others for their special features, but AkelPad is the one that has "stuck" longest as my everyday editor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AkelPad Forum Index -> Discussion (English) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: