Feature request

English main discussion
  • Author

Feature request

Post by mjh »

Ever since UltraEdit became bloat, I've missed this one feature it had that kept your unsaved documents safe even after crashes and such. Though, the usual usage of it for me was to have accumulated many many tabs of unsaved text files and then just killing the process to save them for when I would next open the editor :) Presuming one is familiar with how it works in UltraEdit, would it be possible to have something similar in AkelPad? Or could it be done with a plugin?

Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

mjh
You can try SaveFile::AutoSave.

mjh

Post by mjh »

Granted, that plug-in is close to the functionality I'm after, but it requires the files to be saved in the first place. The session plugin might be modified to do what I'm after I think. It's just that I regularly use a text editor, AkelPad in this case, as a scratchpad for all kinds of temporary snippets of text, and saving all of those would be kind of futile. But I still wouldn't want to lose them to an unexpected process death. Well, I could install mingw if I get the urge to do something about it and not just whine 8) I must say though, AkelPad has all one could need from a text editor. Cheers!