how to use akelpad as plug-in for total commander

English main discussion
  • Author

how to use akelpad as plug-in for total commander

Post by bookworm »

morning everybody
anyone who knows please help me:
I want to use akelpad as a plug-in for Lister in total commander, how to make it?
I saw an option named "editor for total commander" when I was installing Akelpad, I chose this and saw no difference after installation, what is the meaning of "external editor for totalcommander file manager?"

Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

bookworm
AkelPad is standalone application. You can use it as external editor, but not as Lister plugin (files with .wlx extension).

crying

Post by bookworm »

Crying while saying thank you~

Post by VladSh »

bookworm
See this theme (AkelPad as addon for TC).

Post by Lenchik »

VladSh
bookworm
That thread is about addon to WindowsXP automatical installation package. It installs as a replacement for Notepad. And it is in russian only.

Post by pvagner »

Hello,
I can see akelEdit can be extracted from the AkelPad and either used statically in the project or compiled as a shared library.
Having total commander lister plugin which looks like the original but replaces their custom edit control with akelEdit would benefit me and other visually disabled people in terms of accessibility because AkelEdit is fully documented and we have been able to program a good access to it.
AkelPad is now the text editor of choice for many blind people, majority coming from russia of course.
I was looking into doing this my-self but I don't feel good for doing the task, I was experimenting with some lister plugins where the source code is available but I haven't succeeded.
If there is anyone who would like this to happen as well and is more knowledgeable than me please try to help.

Greetings

Post by bookworm »

VladSh:
Thank you but I don't understand Russian. but i will try, haha
nice day~

Post by VladSh »

bookworm
Imagine if the majority of people from post-Soviet countries does not understand English, and most programs do not even localized in Russian, so millions of people forced to seek out and document translation from English into Russian and use English-language programs :)
What do? All have become accustomed.
Google Translate is a native speaker)))
Good luck~

Post by bookworm »

Lenchik
VladSh

Yes Lenchik you are right, I did not find any info regarding total-commander plug-in.
anyway,thank you both. I have given up already:)