How to edit this?

English main discussion
  • Author

How to edit this?

Post by KooeNZetti »

I'm playing online poker and I have this kind of files to edit.

******************** # 4046 **********************

Game #6146321124: $2 + $0.25 Sit & Go (46785368), Table 1 - 15/30 - No Limit Hold'em - 11:55:00 ET - 2008/04/23

Seat 1: jefflab13 (1,485)
Seat 2: capitao30 (1,770)
Seat 3: tigerbarb8 (2,945)
Seat 4: Moses 262 (1,675)
Seat 5: iljlp (1,455)
Seat 7: Pounchingolf (1,470)
Seat 8: Hero (1,230)
Seat 9: Hardboiledmen (1,470)
Pounchingolf posts the small blind of 15
Hero posts the big blind of 30
The button is in seat #5
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero [7h Th]
Hardboiledmen folds
jefflab13 calls 30
capitao30 calls 30
tigerbarb8 folds
Moses 262 has 15 seconds left to act
Moses 262 folds
iljlp folds
Pounchingolf calls 1

******************** # 4047 **********************

Game #6146327452: $2 + $0.25 Sit & Go (46785368), Table 1 - 15/30 - No Limit Hold'em - 11:55:50 ET - 2008/04/23

Seat 1: jefflab13 (1,575)
Seat 2: capitao30 (1,740)
Seat 3: tigerbarb8 (2,945)
Seat 4: Moses 262 (1,675)
Seat 5: iljlp (1,455)
Seat 7: Pounchingolf (1,440)
Seat 8: Hero (1,200)
Seat 9: Hardboiledmen (1,470)
Hero posts the small blind of 15
Hardboiledmen posts the big blind of 30
The button is in seat #7
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero [2s 6s]
jefflab13 folds
capitao30 folds
tigerbarb8 folds
Moses 262 has 15 seconds left to act
Moses 262 calls 30
iljlp folds
Pounchingolf raises to 90
Hero folds
Hardboiledmen calls 60
Moses 262 calls 60
*** FLOP *** [Kh Tc Ts]
Hardboiledmen checks
Moses 262 bets 285
Pounchingolf folds
Hardboiledmen folds
Uncalled bet of 285 returned to Moses 262
Moses 262 mucks
Moses 262 wins the pot (285)
*** SUMMARY ***
Duration 58s
Total pot 285 | Rake 0
Board: [Kh Tc Ts]
Seat 1: jefflab13 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 2: capitao30 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 3: tigerbarb8 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 4: Moses 262 collected (285)
Seat 5: iljlp didn't bet (folded)
Seat 7: Pounchingolf (button) folded on the Flop
Seat 8: NootiBear (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 9: Hardboiledmen (big blind) folded on the Flop

Beginnig of every hand there is this line: "***************** #number of hand *************

How to delete all these lines at once? because of ascending numbers i don't know how to do this. I Have over 100 000 lines to go throug so doing this one line at a time would take forever.Hopefully some one understood what I mean....

Post by Fr0sT »

KooeNZetti
SearchReplace script (search for it in this topic) and regular expression, something like
"******************** # (\d)+ **********************"

Post by Surveyor »

I have had good success using the Macros plugin in similar circumstances - search for unique string (maybe "*****"), then use keys to
  • go to start of line [Home],
  • select to end of line [Shift End] or to start of next line [Shift Down - better?]
  • delete line [Delete]
You can repeat the memorized sequence multiple times to delete ALL target lines. MAKE A BACKUP FIRST! The only disadvantage of using Macros plugin is lack of editing of memorized sequence (sigh...) - you must start again if you make a mistake. But it is quick!

Online poker, eh! I would never do that, but then I am not a gambler. It seems like an easy way to get rid of your money...

Post by cnnnc »

I had done it by LineFilter.js:
Open the file in Akelpad4.5.1, make sure not choose any text first. Then call Scripts plugin, select LineFilter.js to run. In the dialog of LineFilter.js, you have to do this: "String contain:" "******************* #", uncheck "Regular expressions" checkbox, choose "Exclude Lines", and then "OK".

Post by Fr0sT »

Surveyor wrote:...
  • select to end of line [Shift End] or to start of next line [Shift Down - better?]
  • delete line [Delete]
Ctrl-Y deletes entire current line

Post by KooeNZetti »

Surveyor wrote:I have had good success using the Macros plugin in similar circumstances - search for unique string (maybe "*****"), then use keys to
  • delete line [Delete]
You can repeat the memorized sequence multiple times to delete ALL target lines. MAKE A BACKUP FIRST! The only disadvantage of using Macros plugin is lack of editing of memorized sequence (sigh...) - you must start again if you make a mistake. But it is quick!

Online poker, eh! I would never do that, but then I am not a gambler. It seems like an easy way to get rid of your money...
I don't get this.How to make Macros repeat this properly. All I manage to do is delete first line (*********** #1 ************) and after that when i play recordin again it just delete next line, not ********* #2 ********.
And what do you mean by "search unique string"? Should I go Edit -> Find (then type *************) -> and then what?

Post by KooeNZetti »

cnnnc wrote:I had done it by LineFilter.js:
Open the file in Akelpad4.5.1, make sure not choose any text first. Then call Scripts plugin, select LineFilter.js to run. In the dialog of LineFilter.js, you have to do this: "String contain:" "******************* #", uncheck "Regular expressions" checkbox, choose "Exclude Lines", and then "OK".
And what suppose to happen after that? All that happens is that all text in this file get highlighted when I do this..It dosen't delete anything.

Post by KooeNZetti »

KooeNZetti wrote:
cnnnc wrote:I had done it by LineFilter.js:
And what suppose to happen after that? All that happens is that all text in this file get highlighted when I do this..It dosen't delete anything.
I got it work. My computer didn't have enough memory to edit that one large file that i had but I used file splitter lite and got those lines deleted. Thank you so much!

Post by FeyFre »

This means you have filled form incorrectly. Or you have forgot check/uncheck some checkbox, or mistyped filter expression.